I’ve gotten a lot of questions in the past few days about how COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) is affecting the California BBS, or how it is likely to. I’m rounding up those questions here in hopes of making it easier to find the information you need. This post most recently updated on April 2, to include information about BBS waivers.
Will license exams be cancelled or postponed?
The BBS-contracted testing provider Pearson VUE has announced that it is closing its US and Canada testing centers until at least April 16. All exams scheduled until then have been cancelled and you will need to reschedule. With stay-at-home orders in California and other states likely to extend beyond that date, it currently seems unlikely that mid- or even late-April testing will be possible.